Click here with love

Monday 28 September 2015

Hayyan is 4 months now--How time flies

I gave birth to baby Hayyan on 28 May 2015 after 5 hours of struggle in the labour room. After the doctor broke my water to progress labour, the contraction gets stronger but my cervix still thick and only 6cm dilated at most. I have to push slowly at 6cm. Due to slow labour progress, my baby’s heartbeat has weakened and his head already swollen. I was very tired but keep fighting for my baby until the very last. Finally, Hayyan was born at 3.10pm but I didn’t hear he cries. He cried few minutes after the doctor suction his mouth and nose to clear away any mucus and amniotic fluid. I was overwhelmed with a flood of happy emotions when holding my baby for the first time—it was surreal, wonderful and awesome. That was the moment that I will remember for the rest of my life.

Sleep deprivation is normal during confinement period. I have to stay awake because it was very hard for Hayyan to fall asleep at night—1 am was the earliest. I remember there was a time he slept at 6 am after constant crying. Hayyan cries a lot but I can’t figure out the reason why. I was so worried thinking that he might have an illness and a surge of anxiety that I felt causes me so much stress (but thank god he’s healthy). It wasn’t easy for me to deal with post-partum period.

Today, Hayyan is a healthy and happy 4-month old baby. He loves to express himself through laughs, smiles, gurgles, and coos. He’s now doing more with his hands including grabbing my hair and anything within his reach. Anything that he picks will likely end up in his mouth--he's eager to explore his world. I am so grateful that his developmental milestones are according to a typical timeline like other normal child. 

Time flies so fast and the bonding between mother and child will change over the years, but its strength never fades. Romances come and go but once you've bonded with your child, you are hooked for life. This is the real meaning of TRUE LOVE :-)



Hayyan's few days of life

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...